Rép. : Re: difference between referral, glue and chain

Hi,

thx and it's work with berkeley datbase ? because I don't use  backend
ldap.

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 10/01/06 18:11 >>>
In referral chasing, it's up to the client to use appropriate
credentials in authenticating to each server it contacts.
Nothing in LDAP nor slapd(8) controls the client behavior.

If you want the client to use different credentials at each
server, then you need to configure/code the client to do
that (few off-the-shelf clients will support this).

If you want the client to use the same credentials at
each server, you need to configure each server such that
those credentials are valid.  There are a number of ways
to do this, such as replicating the credentials (e.g., syncrepl),
or chaining authentication requests (e.g., back-ldap/meta).

Or, you can avoid client referral chasing by configuring
(e.g., back-ldap/chain overlay) the servers to chain the
requests on behalf of the client instead.

-- Kurt