Limiting results of search through back-meta

Hello,

I have a back-meta set up on an OpenLDAP 2.3.11 to retrieve a tree
(ou=People) from an OpenLDAP server inside a DMZ. There are a number of
entries which should not be returned if they contain an attribute type
with a certain value. In escence the search filter would contain
"(!(expiredDate=*))".

The URI directive of back-meta doesn't appear to allow a filter
specification. Is there any way I could accomplish this, perhaps
with slapo-rwm, and could some kind soul give me an example?

Thanks & regards,
	-JP