[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

RE: slapd eating up resource on 2.3.14

--On Friday, January 06, 2006 2:27 PM -0500 "Allan E. Johannesen" <aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

"aej" == Allan E Johannesen <aej@WPI.EDU> writes:

aej> 2.3.15 also runs fine for the first thousand queries, but then bogs down. aej> There were several changes to ...bdb/cache.c in 2.3.14, and that file is aej> identical in 2.3.15. I sort of suspect the problem is there, but I aej> haven't the knowledge of the internals, nor the knowledge of Berkeley db aej> locking, to figure it out.

I put a bunch of "Debug()" displays into servers/slapd/back-bdb/cache.c in
2.3.13 and 2.3.14.

At about a thousand client queries, 2.3.14 shows a loop in
bdb_cache_lru_purge(), a new routine, which was mainly excised from
bdb_cache_lru_add() in 2.3.13.

Since I only put the Debug()'s in after lock() and unlock() calls, I only
see that activity.  At this point in 2.3.14, there are 935 (in my test)
repetitions of

As I already reported yesterday in a follow up, this particular bug has been fixed, and will be in the upcoming 2.3.16 release.


-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html