Re: Schemacheck off ignored

I turned schema checking on when I upgraded to 2.0 and it helped my development efforts enormously. But recently I started taking advantage of syncrepl and was disheartened to find that you can't turn it off even in this case, contrary to the docs. IMHO I think that syncrepl is a "special case" where schemachecking=OFF would be a good thing, as you can could setup a replica or replicated subset easily without having to duplicate and update the entire schema. Seems to me that schemachecking is only of use on the server to which you write; i.e. useless on a replica.