From: Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it>
To: sparklezou <sparklezou@hotmail.com>
CC: openldap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Subject: Re: questions about collective attributes
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:47:24 +0100

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 20:41 +0800, sparklezou wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I find that there is a html talk about "collect" overlay on
http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1201.html . But it is very simple.

I think it is intended to be simple; as the comments in the FAQ and in the code state, it's intended as a demonstrator of how simple collective attributes can be implemented by means of overlays.

> And there is also no man for this overlay.

The OpenLDAP Project is based on volunteering.  Feel free to submit one
by means of the ITS.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200510/msg00078.html .

> Could you please tell me what is the current status of "collect"
overlay?

It might be moved to contrib/slapd-modules/, since it's not a core overlay.

> Could you please tell me some reference which talked about
"collective attributes"? I don't understand "collective attributes" very clearly.

RFC 3671 <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3671.txt> (see also RFC 3672 <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3672.txt>)?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati Responsabile Open Solution OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.
Via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:   +39.02.23998309