Re: slurpd quits running

--On Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:43 PM -0600 sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:

Let me ask this. This was my primary Samba/LDAP server. I have two others that are my slave servers. As long as slurpd has been doing what it is supposed to do, I could actually get on one of the slave servers, do a slapcat from it and then go back to my main and slapadd it there couldn't I? I got to looking at the slave and it had a file that had been updated on the 8th of December, which is about the last time that I added a user. There was a file that was updated today also, but not sure why that is.

If that is ok, can I just copy the /var/lib/ldap directory to somewhere
else to make sure I have the original data backuped up somewhere?

Sorry that I am very new to all of this and asking these questions.

Yes, doing the slapcat off a replica and a slapadd to the master should be fine.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer