Corruption on deadlock?

Maybe this is more of a BDB question instead of an OpenLDAP question,
but perhaps OpenLDAP is doing some error handling so I thought I'd ask.

I know if my bdb complains about memory allocation errors, I can bet
that the changes it was making during that time are gone forever.  But
what about the following error:

bdb_idl_insert_key: c_get failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to
resolve a deadlock (-30995)

Do I need to go back in and check for consistancy to make sure it didn't
drop any writes?

OpenLDAP 2.2.29 (I know, I should upgrade) with BDB 4.2.52 with patches.

-- DK