Re: Syncrepl Problems for Attribute-Value Pair host=*

--On Monday, December 19, 2005 2:30 PM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

I have no final answer on your main issue, I need to check; however ...
(se below)

I'm having a little syncrepl problem here. OL version is 2.3.13 + bdb
4.2.52 with 4 patches + OL transactions patch (is it still need?).
We have a master server filled with mostly POSIX account and group data.

The transactions patch is no longer necessary.

I was experimenting to set up a slave slapd on a UNIX client which should
only contain POSIX accounts that are actually allowed to login on that
client (which is defined through the host attribute).

So I set up a syncrepl slapd on that machine with a filter diretive that
replicates all posix groups and all accounts which are allowed to login
along with the dc's and ou's needed to reflect the posix information
apropriately:
syncrepl rid=999
 provider=ldap://<master ip>
 type=refreshAndPersist
 interval=00:00:00:10
 retry="60 10 300 +"
 searchbase="dc=o2online,dc=de"

filter="(|(objectclass=dcobject)(objectclass=oragnizationalunit)(objectc
lass=posixgroup)(&(objectclass=posixaccount)(host=\\*))(&(objectclass=po
sixaccount)(host=<hostname>)))"

^^^ there's a typo here: s/oragnizationalunit/organizationalunit/

 scope=sub
 attrs="*,+"
 schemachecking=on
 starttls=critical
 binddn="<bind dn>"
 credentials=<password>

In addition, there is no need to specify the attrs line here, that is the default. The OpenLDAP documentation is wrong in multiple places, I filed an ITS (#4146) on it a while ago, but no one seems inclined to actually fix it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer