Antwort: Re: syncrepl+chain+ldappasswd

Thanks for the hint. I ran into the same problem two days ago, but didn't
have the time yet to ask for help on the list ;)
I will try it on my test environment later today.

But maybe this should be added to the slapo-chain manpage. Couldn't find
it anywhere in there.

Regards
Michael Heep

"Pierangelo Masarati" <ando@sys-net.it>
Gesendet von: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
15.12.2005 16:52
Bitte antworten an
ando@sys-net.it

An
Olle.Westman@astrazeneca.com
Kopie
openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Thema
Re: syncrepl+chain+ldappasswd

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm having a little trouble making a syncrepl slapd slave follow
> referrals.
> When I run ldappasswd against the provider the password gets changed and
> propagated to the slave. However when I run ldappasswd against the
slave,
> only get a referral back even though I have chain overlay specified.
>
> With the "LDAP Browser/Editor" client it's possible to change the
password
> on the slave, so it appears ldappasswd doesn't follow referrals, but
> simply
> returns them even though chain overlay is specified. Am I omitting
> something
> essential?

Yes.  To enable the updateref chaining feature, the slapo-chain must be
instantiated as global.

p.