Re: createTimestamp Attribute

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 23:48 -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Either use the rootdn to update the entry

As I said in my previous posting, you need to use the manageDIT control
to be able to modify selected operational attrs (modifyTimestamp, for
instance, cannot be modified even with manageDIT).

I've checked, and manageDIT is not yet available in OpenLDAP 2.3 (well,
the code is there, but it's hidden behind some #ifdef; if you choose to
go this way, you'll have to recompile after moving support for this
control out of #ifdef LDAP_DEVEL in servers/slapd/controls.c, or you'll
have to use HEAD code).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution