Re: createTimestamp Attribute

ferry@cybi.net wrote:

> We'll migrate our database from MySQL to LDAP. On our MySQL database we have
>  a 'CreatedDate' field and will convert it into LDAP as 'createTimestamp'
>  attribute. But when I add it into LDAP there's error:
>
> ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
>         additional info: createTimestamp: no user modification allowed
>
> Is it possible to use 'createTimestamp' attribute or is there any such an
> attribute like that we can use ?

Look at the schema definition of 'createTimestamp'. It's an operational
attribute. Operational attributes are maintained by the LDAP server and
cannot be written by a client application.

For the initial migration you could prepare an LDIF file holding all
your entries and bulk-load it with slapadd (slapd not running!). slapadd
adds values for operational attributes if present. Make sure your values
for 'createTimestamp' comply to the GeneralizedTime syntax.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com