[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: RHEL4 related OpenLDAP master/slave question

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:17 PM +0200 Jukka Hienola <jukka.hienola@helsinki.fi> wrote:

Dear all,

I have set up and run successfully OpenLDAP 2.2.13-4 server as a master

I have completely run out of ideas where the problem would lie. I would
appreciate any kind of help!

Well, one might note you are running a version of OpenLDAP that is ancient, and where it is packaged by a company that is notorious at doing a poor job of it too.

For your immediate problem, I would stop slapd on the master, and try recovering the database via db_recover (using the specific version of db_recover that matches the version of BDB that OpenLDAP was compiled against on that system).

Long term, I'd recommend upgrading to a newer version of OpenLDAP.


Ok. Problem found and solved, by restoring LDAP directory from master to slave with slapcat and slapadd procedure did the job, although the original reason why my slave directory got corrupted stays unrevealed.

I think your note about upgrading OpenLDAP (and possibly changing to more reliable distribution) will be the next thing to do on my list of critical system upgrades.

IT Services Administrator, Department of Physical Sciences,
University of Helsinki, firstname lastname at helsinki fi,
tel. +358 (0)9 191 50713, fax. +358 (0)9 191 50610