RE: LDAP 2.3.12 is not working!!!

--On Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:13 PM +0200 Amir Saad <Amir.Saad@bibalex.org> wrote:

i tried to use 4.3 (i tested it with Openldap 2.3.11 and it worked), but it didn't start too!

Unless you figured out how to hack configure in OpenLDAP 2.3.12, which I have my doubts about, you couldn't have compiled it against BDB 4.4 anyway. At a guess, OpenLDAP configure is picking up a BDB version other than what you built. You probably should read the pages on linking against the version of BDB that you want:

<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1113.html>

And I will note, BDB 4.2.52 + patches has been rock stable for me for a few years now. I've yet to see any benefit from moving to a different version of BDB.

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/software.html>
<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/bdb-build.html>
<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/bdb-build-notes.html>

may all be of interest to you.