RE: Linking against a specific Berkeley DB install

--On Friday, December 02, 2005 2:48 PM -0500 Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com> wrote:

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@symas.com]

Aside from the other responses, I will note that BDB 4.4 is extremely new, and not highly tested with OpenLDAP yet (I've done some minimal testing). Early indicators were slower writes times compared to 4.2 or 4.3, but potentially faster read times. I continue to evaluate it in a testing environment.

Actually, I was looking for a comparison of 4.2 vs 4.3.

I guess the real question is this:

The base OS install comes with db4-4.2.52-7.  Is this good, or are
there any benefits to going with 4.3 instead?

BDB 4.2.52 + sleepycat patches remains the recommended BDB release to use with OpenLDAP as far as I know. People report varying degrees of success with BDB 4.3.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer