Re: How to find out whether overlay module is loaded to openldap

Why there is a difference between your output and mine.

are you sure you ran the same command I suggested you? Please go back
and re-read my message; make sure you pass ldapsearch the same options I
suggested. Different options are generally supposed to produce
different behavior, otherwise there would be no need for command line
options at all.

Blame on me . you are correct see the result:
[root@ncins1 openldap-2.3.11]# ldapsearch -x -H ldap://:6666 -b cn=Overlays,cn=Monitor -s base monitoredInfo
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=Overlays,cn=Monitor> with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: monitoredInfo
#

# Overlays, Monitor
dn: cn=Overlays,cn=Monitor
monitoredInfo: glue
monitoredInfo: valsort
monitoredInfo: unique
monitoredInfo: translucent
monitoredInfo: syncprov
monitoredInfo: rwm
monitoredInfo: retcode
monitoredInfo: refint
monitoredInfo: pcache
monitoredInfo: ppolicy
monitoredInfo: lastmod
monitoredInfo: dynlist
monitoredInfo: dyngroup
monitoredInfo: denyop
monitoredInfo: accesslog
monitoredInfo: chain

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

Can I assume that ppolicy overlay is loaded fine.

I woulnd't make assumptions that I'm not sure I can prove somehow.

  Now can I confirm that  ppolicy  is loaded fine ?

   Thanks a lot for your help.

   -Sandeep