Re: Problem binding two naming contexts

On Tue Nov 22 2005 at 17:14:07 CET, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 10:30 +0100, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> > I'm using OpenLDAP 2.3.11 and I'd like to set up this server
> > to serve a single base (naming doesn't really matter) which
> > retrieves entries from a local BDB backend as well as a foreign
> > LDAP backend.

[...]
> You made that faaaaar too complicated, and you don't (yet) need the rwm
> with back-meta: rwm capabilities are builtin; an example is provided in
> test035, however you may try this:
>
> <slapd.conf>
> database        bdb
> suffix          "dc=other,dc=com"
> # ...
>
> database      meta
> suffix        "dc=foo,dc=com"
>
> # remote, with builtin rewrite
> uri           "ldap://localhost/ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com";
> suffixmassage "ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com" "ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
> map attribute     ...
> map objectClass   ...
>
> # local, with builtin rewrite
> uri           "ldap://localhost/dc=foo,dc=com";
> suffixmassage "dc=foo,dc=com" "dc=example,dc=com"
> </slapd.conf>
>
> Anyway, I suggest using back-ldap with global rwm.  All of this will be
> simplified, some time.

I can't get it to work (keep getting "<naming context> of URI does not
resolve to a backend").

The way I understand this is that a URI in back-meta must resolve to a
locally configured back-ldap; is that right?

What I want to do is to have a search base of e.g. o=RSC which points to
a back-bdb. One tree in that (ou=People,o=RSC) must be proxied in to
an internal OpenLDAP LDAP server (ou=People,dc=retail). What would be
the best way for me to do this?

Thanks for your help. Regards,
	-JP