[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: Lockup when moding one particular entry

Buchan Milne wrote:

On Friday 18 November 2005 01:09, David Engeset wrote:

I have followed your suggestions and used the latest stable version of
OpenLDAP 2.3.11 and BDB 4.2.52 w/patches. I then tried various
combinations of the latest Berkeley DB and OpenLDAP. In all cases, the
problem persists. After hours of debugging I was able to isolate the
issue to a reproducable event with a very small database and even
determined the line of code that is hanging. The error seems to ocurr in
BDB but I was unable to trace it further after several attempts. While
it appears to be hanging on a lock, I am unable to determine what data
is being locked but never unlocked.

I have put up on my website the slapd.conf and the two ldifs for each
database that I used for anyone who wants to independently verify this

Are you *really* using the same lg_dir and tmp_dir for both databases?

"The DB_CONFIG file I use in both database directories" where DB_CONFIG is a link to http://ww2.whidbey.net/davidke/DB_CONFIG .

http://ww2.whidbey.net/davidke/DB_CONFIG contains:

set_cachesize  0 134217728 1
set_lg_dir /var/log/bdb
set_tmp_dir /var/log/bdb
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_max 104857600
set_lg_bsize 2097152
# set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC

Having transaction logs for different DBs in the same directory sounds like a recipe for many bad things ....


I changed both DB_CONFIG's to write their logs and tmp logs in different locations, /var/log/bdb1, /var/log/bdb2 respectively. Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem, it will still hang in the same area. I even tried to have the tmp files be written to a different location too, but that also failed.