Re: Re[4]: openldap-server-2.2.29: multimaster support

> Ok, so syncrepl does not seem to be a good idea in the case of two masters
> in different places.  What about the case of two load-balanced masters?
> Will syncrepl garantee that the data are the same on the two master? Or is
> it just as old multimaster code: it push (in fact pull) the modifications
> and does not check that the master's state is like the other's?

Ask yourself: Do you really, seriously need load balancing?  Or are you thinking
that you need load balancing when what you really need is HA?

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a multi-master implementation on the
market that will allow you to load balance a directory and actually guarantee that
two clients running down two different nodes will get a consistent view of an
object.  Do you know of one?

John

--
John Madden