Re: Ldap schema error

Hi,

On Sunday, 20. November 2005 11:20, Amir Saad wrote:
> i use Fedora 4 , ldap 2.3.11
> i tried to write a local.schema and i added include path_to/local.schema
> into the slapd.conf, when the slapd start it reports the following error:
> path_to/local.schema: line 1: Missing closing parenthesis before
> a/local.schema AttributeTypeDescription = "(" whsp
>   numericoid whsp      ; AttributeType identifier
>   [ "NAME" qdescrs ]             ; name used in AttributeType
>   [ "DESC" qdstring ]            ; description
>   [ "OBSOLETE" whsp ]
>   [ "SUP" woid ]                 ; derived from this other
>                                    ; AttributeType
>   [ "EQUALITY" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "ORDERING" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SUBSTR" woid ]              ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SYNTAX" whsp noidlen whsp ] ; see section 4.3
>   [ "SINGLE-VALUE" whsp ]        ; default multi-valued
>   [ "COLLECTIVE" whsp ]          ; default not collective
>   [ "NO-USER-MODIFICATION" whsp ]; default user modifiable
>   [ "USAGE" whsp AttributeUsage ]; default userApplications
>                                    ; userApplications
>                                    ; directoryOperation
>                                    ; distributedOperation
>                                    ; dSAOperation
>   whsp ")"
> slapd stopped.

> here is the local.schema file:
> attributeType( 2.5.4.41 NAME 'name'
> DESC 'name(s) associated with the object'
> EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
> SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{32768} )
> attributeType( 2.5.4.3 NAME  'cn'
> DESC 'common name(s) assciated with the object'
> SUP name )
> attributeType ( 2.5.4.3 NAME  'dn'
> DESC 'distinguished name(s) assciated with the object'
> SUP name )

The definition of an attributetype needs to be  on one line.
If you want to wrap it into 2 or more lines the continuation lines
must start with at least one blank.

Let me note that the attributetypes you want to define are
standard LDAP attributetypes that are already defined in OpenLDAP
and cannot be redefined.

CU
Peter

--