lock out manager dn?

hi.

i'm battling with acls here. i've been setting up openldap as the backend for a pdc.

what i'm trying to do is to delegate permissions to our helpdesk staff to reset user passwords, and not allow anyone else (apart from self) to perform this.

i'm using the manager account to communicate other info with ldap, and all is well until i put on the acls.

i understood that the root dn (ie. manager in my case) always has access to everything regardless of the acl lists but it seems that my acls block the manager from performing certain functions. is there a simple explanation for this? :-)

thanks

john

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com