Re: syncrepl problems

--On Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:12 AM +0200 Mark Coetser <mark@thummb.com> wrote:

Hi Ppl

I have been using the replica directive in slapd.conf to do replication< I
have read up the docs on syncrepl and have tried to implement it, this is
the entry in the consumer slapd.conf

rootdn  "cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za"
rootpw password

syncrepl rid=123
        provider=ldap://x.x.x.x:389
        type=refreshOnly
        interval=00:00:00:10
        searchbase="dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za"
        filter="(objectClass=*)"
        scope=sub
        attrs="*"
        schemachecking=off
        updatedn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za"
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za"
        credentials=password

I am not seeing anything obvious wrong in the logs, it seems to be adding
entries to the consumer but if I delete an entry on the provider the
consumer doesn't delete said entry ?

In addition to Aaron's excellent reply, I'll note that you likely should *not* be setting it to be "attrs=*", but instead should leave that line out entirely, since you are then *not* replicating over the mandatory operational attributes. The default for syncrepl is "attrs=*,+" (the current slapd.conf man page is incorrect in this, as is the admin guide, but I have an ITS open against that already).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer