Re: chain overlay

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:55 +0100, Eudes LEDUCQ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is some one have an exemple or can explain me the chain overlay concept
> ? , my problem with the referral subtree is the difficulty to the clien
> to follow the refferal link. it's seam to be not a problem with chain
> overlay isn' it ?

in your slave, put

overlay		chain

inside the database of the slave, the one that contains the referral.
If you are using OpenLDAP 2.2, you need to add a

uri		ldap://<your host/port>

If you are using OpenLDAP 2.3, the uri is extracted from the referral,
so you don't need it.

Note that in OpenLDAP 2.2 you only get limited functionalities, while in
OpenLDAP 2.3 you can have much more; see slapd-ldap(5) for details about
what you can obtain from the LDAP backend.  Please make sure you read
and understand that man page before you ask further questions.

Please don't ask for examples; there's plenty in the tests that come
with OpenLDAP.  See for instance test032 and the resulting slapd.*.conf.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.