From: ali.pouya@dgi.finances.gouv.fr
To: OLdap-SoftWare
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:04 PM
Subject: Ref : Please help ! About syncreplica.

May be you use the same directory for both BDB data bases ?
Ali

William <zzw_happy@yahoo.com.cn>
Envoyé par : owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
10/11/2005 23:14

        Pour :        OLdap-SoftWare <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
        cc :
        Objet :        Please help ! About syncreplica.

Dear all:

                I am really confused about syncreplica, please help.

                I installed 2 openldap2.3.11, one for provider and other for consumer.
The setting is as following:

Provider:
                overlay syncprov
                syncprov-checkpoint 10 10
                syncprov-sessionlog 1000

Consumer:
syncrepl rid=1
    provider=ldap://localhost
    type=refreshAndPersist
    interval=00:00:00:10
    retry="5 +"
    searchbase="dc=ctc,dc=com"
    scope=sub
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple
    binddn="cn=admin,o=users,dc=com"
    updatedn="cn=admin,o=users,dc=com"
    credentials=aaa

then I started both and add some data:
                /usr/local/openldap2.3.11/libexec/slapd &
                /usr/local/openldap2.3.11/libexec/slapd -h ldap://localhost:999 -d 0

but syncreplica seems not work, and when i delete an entry in provider,
consumer crashed , printed out:
                slapd: attr.c:136: attr_dup: Assertion `j < i' failed.
                Aborted
and it cant be restarted unless provider is shutdown.
i changed some settings of consumer such as 'type=RefreshOnly' but had no
effect.

it has troubled me for about 2 weeks, could anyone give me some comments ?
thanks in advance.

--
Regards.