Re: ldap died, can't recover _URGENT, please help

George Farris wrote:

On Wed, 2005-09-11 at 19:44 +0000, Julian Pilfold-Bagwell wrote:

Hi all,

I have an OpenLDAP box running as a PDC on an 800 user network. So far, so good, it's been up and running for a couple of months and has worked fine but I now find that the /var/lib/ldap directory is full of log.0000000xxx files and LDAP has hung. How do I cure this? Is it OK to delete some of the log files and restart LDAP or do I have to clean up with a tool.

I need this up tomorrow (it's a school) and I don't want to end up installing server 2003 with my tail between my legs.

I'm not an expert but have you tried running db_recover? Actually on my Ubuntu Breezy box it's db4.2_recover and it is run automatically every time the ldap server is stared, just before it runs.

Read about db_archive and how to remove unused logs