Modifying ACIs programmatically?

Hi all,

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.2.23, and have a question about modifying
access controls on objects (entries) and attributes, from a
program using the OpenLDAP client API (i.e. using ldap_modify_s()
specifying the required pieces of information in the array of
LDAPMod structures passed in).

Is it possible to do this?

I've searched all over Google, and can find lots of information
on changing access controls from the slapd.conf file using the
text-based "access to" directives, but I don't see any samples
of how this can be done programmatically.

If it is possible, any pointers to books, documentation, sample
code, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Betty Graupe (bgraupe@novell.com)