Re: slapd CPU usage / threading.

Alex Balashov wrote:
Hi everyone,

I seem to have come upon a bizarre problem having installed the Debian
sarge binary package of slapd and configured some parameters (e.g. ACLs,
rootdn) for use with samba-tng.

In particular, slapd is constantly utilising 100% CPU, and also causes
klogd to consume considerable time.  Curiously, the log output from klogd
is unavailable either on console or in the syslogs.  This is completely in
idle run;  no queries are coming from any services or clients at this
time.

There is no interesting information about this in the system logs from slapd, either.

For further investigation, I attach 'strace' to the PID of the 'slapd'
process and am spammed at a blinding pace with:

  futex(0xb743dbf8, FUTEX_WAIT, 2930, NULL) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not
implemented)

I think it would be agreeable to reason to conjecture that this is the
cause of the problem.

I am using BDB, glibc 2.3.5, kernel 2.6.13.4 on an Athlon 64 3000+.  Your
insights are appreciated!

This sounds like a mismatch between glibc and the kernel. Nothing that's controlled by OpenLDAP.

--
 -- Howard Chu