[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Xeon vs. Opteron
- To: OpenLDAP List <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Xeon vs. Opteron
- From: Jonas Helgi Palsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:27:34 +0200
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <436656E2.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <436656E2.email@example.com>
- User-agent: KMail/1.8.3
On Monday 31 October 2005 18:39, Howard Chu wrote:
> Jonas Helgi Palsson wrote:
> > Which architecture is better for OpenLDAP: Xeon 3.6GHz or Opteron 2.6GHz?
> There's nothing particular about OpenLDAP software in this regard. I
> suggest you read some of the many available articles comparing Opteron
> to Xeon, e.g.
I slightly agree :-)
But all general benchmarks show that Xeon is better in some tasks and Opteron
is better in others. Therefore when choosing a architecture for a server
dedicated to OpenLDAP, I like to ask the experts in that field :-)
Jonas Helgi Palsson
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer."