Entries in LDAP dir seem to sporadically become unreadable

There was a thread about loosing indexes earlier this year.  We are
experiencing the same problem that every once in a while the ldbm
database must be re-indexed by stopping slapd, running slapindex on the
database and then starting slapd again.  Was there ever a resolution to
this problem?

We are having to doing this about once per day on Ubuntu Breezy,
OpenLDAP 2.2.26-3

What would be the reason the ldap server looses indexes?  We have not
modified the slapd.conf file in a long time, have not added or deleted
any indexes.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

--
George Farris   farrisg@mala.bc.ca