Re: Corrupt LDAP DB ...

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:29 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Friday, October 28, 2005 8:38 AM +0200 "C.Lee Taylor"
> <leet@leenx.co.za> wrote:
>
> >> Whether you pay RedHat or not, you still get bad OpenLDAP packages.
> > 	What makes it's bad?  Compiler? Patches? Init scripts? Version?  I would
> > really like to see my choice of distro, with a good implementation of
> > LDAP ... So I would like to try and find the problem here.
>
> RedHat typically sticks with very old OpenLDAP releases for a very long
> time.  For example, they stuck with OpenLDAP 2.0.x for many many years,
> long after it was deprecated, causing major headaches for people using
> RedHat.
>

> >> Other distros have better packages for free (or for pay).
> > 	Which ones, I would like to try and figure this out, and maybe help fix
> > it in the long run.
>

> Mandriva comes to mind.
----
of course openldap does not a distro make. There may be other
considerations too. Red Hat has continually generally not offered the
latest/greatest versions of things in their Enterprise stuff just to
have confidence of seasoning and the comfort level of the devil you
know.

Craig

believed to be clean.