Integrating ppolicy

I'm trying to integrate the ppolicy overlay into openldap 2.3.11 on
linux to use password expiration.  The steps I've followed so far are:

1.	./configure -enable-modules -enable-ppolicy=mod
2.	add:

modulepath      /usr/local/openldap/libexec/openldap

moduleload      ppolicy.la

overlay ppolicy

ppolicy_default "cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com"

ppolicy_use_lockout

to slapd.conf.

When I run slapd with debugging at -1, I see this in the logs:

line 19 (modulepath     /usr/local/openldap/libexec/openldap)

line 20 (moduleload     ppolicy.la)

loaded module ppolicy.la

module ppolicy.la: null module registered

line 27 (overlay ppolicy)

line 28 (ppolicy_default
"cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com")

>>> dnNormalize: <cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com>

=> ldap_bv2dn(cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com,0)

ldap_err2string

<= ldap_bv2dn(cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com)=0
Success

=> ldap_dn2bv(272)

ldap_err2string

<= ldap_dn2bv(cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com)=0
Success

<<< dnNormalize: <cn=pwdpolicyentry,dc=qa,dc=dc,dc=blackboard,dc=com>

line 29 (ppolicy_use_lockout)

The line about "null module registered" bothers me.  Then, from that
point on, I see no mention of ppolicy when anyone logs in.  Am I doing
something wrong?  My schedule is getting tight and I've already spent
two days trying to get this working right with no luck.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks

dave

David Ashman

Senior Software Architect

Product Development

Blackboard, Inc.

202.463.4860 x2297

This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
It may include Blackboard confidential and proprietary information, and is not for redistribution.