Local additions to replica

Hi All,

Stupid n00b question, maybe, but can you make local additions
to a replica, providing they're outside the branch you're
replicating.  E.g.: Suppose I had a master with

com
  example
    addressbook
    People
    yadda-yadda-yadda

and a replica to which I was only replicating "ou=addressbook,
dc=example,dc=com".  Could I than add/modify a local "People"
on the replica?  Or something other than what exists on the
master server (e.g.: "People2" or whatever)?

Let's call the question philosophical for the moment, as I'm
not sure I'd want to do such a thing even if it's allowed and
not regarded as A Stupid Thing To Do.

TIA,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.