weird err on ldapsearch on subordinate

Hi Ppl

I have the following setup, I have left out other slapd.conf entries

# slapd.conf
#database 1
dc=section1,dc=subdomain1,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
subordinate

#database 2
dc=section2,dc=subdomain1,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
subordinate

#database 3
dc=subdomain1,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
subordinate

#database 4
dc=subdomain2,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
subordinate

#database 5
dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za

now database 4 "dc=subdomain2,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za" doesn't have sections
below it so all users are within
ou=people,dc=dc=subdomain2,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za and doing a "ldapsearch -x
-LLL -b "ou=people,dc=dc=subdomain2,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za" "(uid=*)" uid
works as expected, but if I do the following

ldapsearch -x -LLL -b
"ou=people,dc=section1,dc=subdomain1,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za" "(uid=*)" uid

it performs the search and gives me the uid and dn but right at the end it
gives me the following error.

No such object (32)
Matched DN: dc=subdomain1,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za

Anyone know why it is doing this, I am writing a small php page that lists
users and the err=32 is causing my page not too list those entries ?

Thank you,

Mark Adrian Coetser
mark@tux-edo.co.za
http://www.tux-edo.co.za, http://www.thummb.com