[Date Prev][Date Next]
Unable to re-connect to *Local* OpenLDAP server using JLDAP when network is interrupted
- To: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Unable to re-connect to *Local* OpenLDAP server using JLDAP when network is interrupted
- From: Safdar Kureishy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:33:39 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=RDdOC/GjM/SiPWRoxlOordqL1Hen3C3LbQ4xmjnQ3myUv0jlZsEnB8MAtniOqBPLo+hRZHgA2KmrpooamySWJGftFWc1tYdtct+oPuADa05bW9BB5b29N7uhIaiUuoC2oJEsP4sWuGi3NMIRoHIn3vs8PGNPjnPJq4fxroYMK5A=
I'm running into this problem using JLDAP against an OpenLDAP server
whenever the machine temporarily loses its network connectivity, or perhaps
switches from one network to another.
After this happens, I am unable to connect to the OpenLDAP server using the
LDAPConnection.connect() method on JLDAP. An LDAPException is thrown
indicating a "Connect error".
The only way it seems to fix the issue is to bounce the OpenLDAP server. At
that point a connection can get re-established. Strangely, when I use
ldapbrowser (not sure which libraries this tool uses), network issues don't
Does anybody know what the issue might be - either with JLDAP or with
OpenLDAP? I have tried this using OpenLDAP that listens on localhost:389 as
well as <LocalMachineName>:389, but the behavior is the same in both cases.