RE: Rép. : Re: Probleme to install barkeley database

>From what I understood, you can't install the latest version of BDB. Instead
you need to install the 4.2.x version and install the patches.

Dave Henderson

Distributed Computer Systems Analyst
Florida Department of Corrections
Phone: 407.207.7391            Suncom: 343.7391

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Eudes LEDUCQ
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:25 AM
To: jseymour@linxnet.com; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Rép. : Re: Probleme to install barkeley database

Thanks it's work , my library are found, but now i have this new error
 checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version
 header: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (August 21, 2003)
  library: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September  6,

I have installed the 4.3.29 version of berkeley database
is some one can help me ?

>>> jseymour@linxnet.com 10/18 7:36  >>>
"Eudes LEDUCQ" <LEDUCQ@hec.fr> wrote:
> Hi every boby,
> First my configuration :
>  Serveur Linux red hat entreprise linux 3
>  openLdap v2.2.26
>  openssl    v 0.9.8
>  bdb         v 4.3.29
> My probleme
> configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available
> but I have installed the database , I don't understand
> is some one can help me ?

Here's what I did for another RH AS of some kind:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" \
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib" \
  ./configure --enable-crypt --without-cyrus-sasl
make depend

Why the LD_LIBRARY_FLAGS had to be set when the LDFLAGS "-R" switch
is present is a mystery to me.

> Nota:
> I'm sorry but my english is not very good.

It's better than my French, by a long, long way! :)

filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.