Re: ERROR: Internal (implementation specific) error: entry store failed

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 08:54 +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:

[...]

>   I now try to keep exclusively to rpms; about 1/3 of the specs I write
> myself, the others I take from 3rd parties. Buchan Milne states that his
> Mandriva OL 2.2 and 2.3 rpm spec files also work for Red Hat, but
> they're so complicated and Mandriva-oriented,

I wouldn't really say that. They do use macros which Mandriva has been using for years, and which RH packagers still write custom scripts for ... but I have compatibility macros (see below) which are the ones I am using for building on our RHEL3/RHEL4 boxen. The SRPMS may now even work on RHEL2.1 (I'll check later this week).

> that I haven't been able > to get them to work yet on RHAS4.

You should have got a warning about the missing macros, which should have taken you here: http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/BackPorting, grab the macros.mdk4rh file and read the instructions in it.

Short as possible, since this is more Mandriva/Red Hat than OL, but:

I was using the spec (June last) from openldap2.3-2.3.6-1mdk.src.rpm.
The said srpm installed in my rpm build tree, There was no warning; I
did download and install macros.mdk4rh - no difference. Nothing I could
do with the spec file would make it work.

Enfin, I found the Mandriva OL 1.88 spec file from a couple of days ago
on the Mandriva CVS site, adapted it in *MANY* ways and now all your rpm
sub-packages build and install on my RHAS4  update 1 system (whether
they work or not is another matter, I didn't try that yet ;)

But I had to change so much in the spec file (there were so many barfs
and hacks before I could get it to build), that the claim that the
original srpm would install on a RHAS4 system is ...

I used the unadulterated content of openldap2.3-2.3.6-1mdk.src.rpm,
apart from using openldap-2.3.11.tgz instead of the original. Also,
since RHAS4 already has (albeit insufficiently) patched BDB 4.2.52, I
kicked out your BDB build. I already have my own Cyrus SASL 2.1.21 rpm
installed.

The point is, that it looks as if my very last rpm target, OpenLDAP
latest version on RHAS4, is going to be reached pretty soon. Many thanks
for your hard work - in other ways, the spec is a gem.

I spent most of today on the spec file, if you're interested I can send
you my adapted one off list and maybe it can help, or alternatively you
can point out my shortcomings :)

[...]

Best,

--Tonni