Re: ERROR: Internal (implementation specific) error: entry store failed

Why not build the software and make it into an rpm?
What happens when you want to use something that redhat doesn't
distribute at all?  They're probably just giving you any old version
of openldap to include the client utilities and ldap libs (for pam,
nsswitch, etc), and not actually expecting you to use the included
server.  Relying on an operating system vendor for your server
software would be silly, especially when that vendor recently started
selling a commercial solution. (formerly known as netscape's iplanet)