OpenLDAP as proxy for Active Directory

Hi list,

I managed to setup OpenLDAP (2.2.23 on SuSE 9.3) as read-only proxy to our Active Directory using
the ldap/meta backend. Now I've found two annoying drawbacks.

(1) One strange behaviour is, that a ldapsearch on the proxy returns only a subset of the available
attributes of the object. Same ldapsearch to the Active Directory returns the full set.

(2) Active Directory allows uid@domain as bindDN. While slapd is configured to be a proxy it doesn't
send the bindDN to the AD but parses it. This results in an error message:
<= ldap_bv2dn(uid@domain)=-4 Decoding error
bind: invalid dn (uid@domain)
I tried to do the rewrite stuff mentioned in slapd-meta.5 but it doesn't work.

Can somebody give me some hints or has anyone got a fully functional AD-proxy configuration?

Best regards,
    Jan Schmidt

AG Anwendungen/Multimedia Rechenzentrum Universität Greifswald
Tel: +49 3834 861416 Fax: +49 3834 8680016