help adding an ldif

Hello,
I just go slapd running on openldap 2.2.27.
I am trying to add an ldif

 ldapadd  -f myrregistry.com-050902.ldif
              gives me

SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
        additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

If I add the -x option, to not authenticate, I get:
adding new entry "o=myrregistry.com"
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: no global superior knowledge

Since I am new to ldap, I am wondering what I  am missing here.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks