Re: Lockup when moding one particular entry

--On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:06 AM -0700 David Engeset <davidke@whidbey.net> wrote:

Are you using back-bdb, back-hdb?  What version of the BDB software
are you running?  I will also note that 2.2.26 is fairly old at this
point.  Do you have a DB_CONFIG file?  How many members does the group
you are modding have?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

Quanah,
    I am using back-bdb, version 4.3.28.  Yes I am using a DB_CONFIG file
which has the following contents:

I'll note that BDB 4.3 has been the cause of some issues for people. Also BDB 4.3.29 is the current 4.3 release. BDB 4.2.52 + patches remains the recommended BDB version to use with OpenLDAP.

set_cachesize  0 134217728 1
set_lg_dir /var/log/bdb
set_tmp_dir /var/log/bdb
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_max 104857600
set_lg_bsize 2097152

The group that I am editing has 20 members.

The DB_CONFIG file looks alright. I don't see anything jumping out at me as very problematic. Have you investigated upgrading (OpenLDAP & BDB) to see if that will resolve your problems? 2.2.29 is the current 2.2 release, and 2.3 is really more stable than 2.2 in its way (2.3.10).

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html