Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Elijah Alcantara <elijah.alcantara@gmail.com> writes:

> Everything was just working fine with PAM & nscd yesterday but today I
> could'nt login through phpldapadmin, telling me that I've got a bad
> login/password. So I tried moving the database somewhere else thinking
> it might have been corrupted or something:
> #mv /usr/local/var/openldap-data/* ~/.Trash

You shouldn't move the database. If you have got the feeling that the
database is corrupted, run db_recover

> I restarted slapd and when testing it I get this error message:
> root@server01:/usr/local/var/openldap-data # ldapsearch -x -b
> dc=server01,dc=phpdevaps,dc=net
> ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Check the uid running slapd and the uid that owns the database files.
Is your etc/openldap/ldap.conf or ~/ldaprc configured properly?

[...]

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung