[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: help installing openLDAP bind cannot contact server
- To: Floyd Wellershaus <firstname.lastname@example.org>, OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: help installing openLDAP bind cannot contact server
- From: Floyd Wellershaus <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=d8/u4wAL4tMxhMx4J9t7fB4it71rE0QLKBjD/z1ADCSQi9bicrN+GXCfOQlUddQBe9VNZynpxth4ltkGmZkYEYzcgnIHYQrB8uMbCMAJreEiHO0NPtpUjuaQb216K97mfmb18iuYWQHVOXX3DGF1cIBcmmR4G5+4HA6cd7G2aLA= ;
I got a little further, I gather that slapd must be running in order to contact the ldap server.
the make test starts slapd, as evidenced by a pid being listed in debug output, but I found out that slapd is core dumping.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot as to why slapd is quitting with a core file ? I ran "strings" command on the corefile but am unable as of yet to get anything pertinent.
Floyd Wellershaus <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I am trying to install openLDAP on a time crunch. I am installing on Aix5.2.
First problem is that configure fails because it cannot find libldap-2.2.a libldap-2.2.so.7* , in the path. It is looking up an extra level.
I took care of that ( temporarily ) by copying the libraries to where it is looking for them. Not a permanent solution though.
Now, I am trying to run make test, and it continues to fail with :
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>>>>> Test failed
>>>>> ./scripts/test000-rootdse 00failed00 (exit 1)
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
oh, btw, I put some debug echo statements in the test000-rootdse file, and here is the command that is failing from make test:
../clients/tools/ldapsearch -P 3 -x -LLL -b "" -s base -h localhost -p 9011 '+extensibleObject' > ./testrun/ldapsearch.out
I am new to openLDAP, and am in a bit of a quandry here. Can anyone point me in the right direction toward getting this installed properly ?