[Date Prev][Date Next]
help installing openLDAP bind cannot contact server
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: help installing openLDAP bind cannot contact server
- From: Floyd Wellershaus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 03:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MJep93SlyMIJW+nhNVF08Rolidaanj2qivy+v77pcxcHbHmYLsh3GgGkKc36TkaUlJ1rFh9mu01B+vc6sLK3dFvQaPyfO5radqdRUL10C8TcPxQjQYDYH67k0hl2aerO9rle94u0YVfKfmfduuC52TfBFzLPiiAfxOtqRclRzLc= ;
I am trying to install openLDAP on a time crunch. I am installing on Aix5.2.
First problem is that configure fails because it cannot find libldap-2.2.a libldap-2.2.so.7* , in the path. It is looking up an extra level.
I took care of that ( temporarily ) by copying the libraries to where it is looking for them. Not a permanent solution though.
Now, I am trying to run make test, and it continues to fail with :
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>>>>> Test failed
>>>>> ./scripts/test000-rootdse 00failed00 (exit 1)
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
oh, btw, I put some debug echo statements in the test000-rootdse file, and here is the command that is failing from make test:
../clients/tools/ldapsearch -P 3 -x -LLL -b "" -s base -h localhost -p 9011 '+extensibleObject' > ./testrun/ldapsearch.out
I am new to openLDAP, and am in a bit of a quandry here. Can anyone point me in the right direction toward getting this installed properly ?