Re: cn not matching on substring search

Maykel Moya writes:
> I have the OpenLDAP version bundled in Debian Sarge. I can't search
> substrings on cn even having a sub index. The ACLs are fine,
> everything but the userPasswd is readable.

That'll happen if you had a database without a sub index for cn, and
then added the index in slapd.conf without rebuilding the indexes in
the database.  Try sbin/slapindex after taking down the server.

Or maybe you have a corrupted database, in which case you may need to
take down the server and run db_recover (if you use bdb), or more
drastically to rebuild the database - e.g. dump the database to LDIF
with slapcat, rebuild with slapadd.

--
Hallvard