Compiling on OSX

Hi All

I'm trying to get openldap compiled on mac osx server, with back-sql support to share our address database.
I've tried compiling and installing the latest version, which compiles & installs fine, but doesn't seem to support some of the features in Open Directory that apple have instigated ( or maybe I'm missing something). The config file from apple just fails miserably although it worked fine on their stock install of OpenLdap.

So I tried compiling the darwin version of openldap from the darwin site, which is supposed to be the same as the version used in osx 10.4 server install. Now I can't get this to compile, info as below. Does anyone have any ideas / pointers as this is driving me mad!

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Config
env LIBS="-lresolv" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/ include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib" ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/ sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --localstatedir=/var -- mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-sql

Errors from make

/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_count_messages
messages.lo definition of _ldap_count_messages in section (__TEXT,__text)
messages.lo definition of _ldap_count_messages in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_first_message
messages.lo definition of _ldap_first_message in section (__TEXT,__text)
messages.lo definition of _ldap_first_message in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_get_message_ber
messages.lo definition of _ldap_get_message_ber in section (__TEXT,__text)
messages.lo definition of _ldap_get_message_ber in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_next_message
messages.lo definition of _ldap_next_message in section (__TEXT,__text)
messages.lo definition of _ldap_next_message in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_count_references
references.lo definition of _ldap_count_references in section (__TEXT,__text)
references.lo definition of _ldap_count_references in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_first_reference
references.lo definition of _ldap_first_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
references.lo definition of _ldap_first_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_next_reference
references.lo definition of _ldap_next_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
references.lo definition of _ldap_next_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _ldap_parse_reference
references.lo definition of _ldap_parse_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
references.lo definition of _ldap_parse_reference in section (__TEXT,__text)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libldap_r.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make: *** [all-common] Error 1

David White
Engineer & Producer
www.audio.org.uk

The time that we waste playing with computers is exponential to the time they save us.

This email is confidential, if you have received it in error please delete it and inform the sender. Thank you.