Re: Is fedora core 3 a ticking timebomb?

On Friday 30 September 2005 08:26, acqant wrote:
> Anyone have a unhealthy knowledge of the db4 package from fedora?  Was
> it patched say sometime since May25 ( that's when I compiled the slapd)?
>  If so will I be so lucky as to get off with just a recompile of my
> slapd or do I need to compile db4 from source somewhere else and compile
> slapd against that?
>
> Thanks...

Well, I'm not sure if it's related.
I'm using openldap-2.2.23-5 with bdb

I setup egroupware 1.0.0.009-3 to use ldap addressbook.
Everything seemed fine, except oneday my server failed to restart. From
digging more, it turn out that slapd took forever to start. So, I disable it
from the start up. And then I run db_recover. Things worked again.

But after some days, all the address book entry is gone. Even the addressbook
attribute is gone. Don't know why. Luckily I had exported the entries earlier
and I can import it back.

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
11:24:10 up 3:45, 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 GNU/Linux