dn: o=mycompany,dc=domain,dc=com
o: mycompany
objectClass: organization
objectClass: top

dn: c=US,o=mycompany,dc=ixiacom,dc=com
c: US
objectClass: country
objectClass: top

dn: ou=Staff,c=US,o=mycompany,dc=ixiacom,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: top
ou: Staff

dn: cn=Naresh Verma,ou=Staff,c=US,o=mycompany,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
sn: Verma
cn: Naresh Verma
**********

Now, I am trying to create an alias for Staff as -

**********
dn: ou=staff,dc==domain,dc=com
objectClass: alias
aliasedObjectName: ou=Staff,c=US,o=mycompany,dc=ixiacom,dc=com

With the ldapadd command - " ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com" -W -f /tmp/aliasstaff " I get the following error -

ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
additional info: naming attribute 'ou' is not present in entry
But the ou is present in the dn as ou=staff,dc==domain,dc=com. I tried using cn,uid instead of ou in the alias dn but the same error comes complaining that the cn,uid are not present respectively.

Any idea what is wrong in my configuration. I am not able to isolate the problem

Thanks,
Naresh