Replication problem

Hello,

I did a simple replication between master and slave LDAP server in two
different cities through VPN. Data propagation from master to slave works OK
but when any client send changes to slave it doesn't redirect client to
master LDAP. Here is what I have in slapd.conf on master:

replica host=ldap-slave1.aaa:389
        binddn="cn=ldapmanager,dc=xxx,dc=xx"
        bindmethod=simple credentials=xxx

And this on slave slapd.conf:

updatedn        "cn=ldapmanager,dc=xxx,dc=xx"
updateref       ldap://ldap-primary.aaa

OpenLDAP version is 2.2.24 in both locations. Maybe I have forgot something?

BR,
Marcin