Re: OpenLDAP + RHEL4 - time to time database crash (BDB backend)

--On Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:40 PM +0200 Michal Dobroczynski <michal.dobroczynski@gmail.com> wrote:

For the past 30 days it happened two times that the database 'just
crashed'. For the first time I noticed that it was possible to
'slapcat' the database and suddenly at some point it was simply
stopping. Nothing else was possible. I'm making backups of the
database every hour.

Today it happened again. When I ran slapd with debugging options then I
saw: <notes about the release and compilation>
Initializing BDB database...

Did you run db_recover after slapd crashed, as is advised and required any time slapd has an unclean shutdown?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer