[Date Prev][Date Next]
Being a consumer and a provider for the same database (toward different servers) ?
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Being a consumer and a provider for the same database (toward different servers) ?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:09:08 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:date:from:x-mailer:reply-to:x-priority:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Oe9DjNB17mOJX58pv4HInnlU8x7xvPried/uL6QH5B9Y3ludSv1uK7q/GpxkzvNHccNszgE0+Ieczjnqnv8nEJmh6k1uuFI9O2VkHTITh8KKz1QDz6y1E7uHklpDweATC1HXBE6r6FgusHgngwFE4ySRE09aLAdBxMXGaYVECLw=
- In-reply-to: <200509171719.j8HHJ5gI078619@boole.openldap.org>
- References: <200509171719.j8HHJ5gI078619@boole.openldap.org>
I'am using Openldap 2.3.7 on Redhat.
(I'am French so excuse my bad english !)
I'am trying to define a replication architecture (with syncrepl) for
I must make a directory for my company which have 110 subsidiary
companies . The "main" company is in Paris (France !) and the
subsidiary companies are in other cities of France.
So the suffix for the directory is o=my-company.
Each subsidiary has the suffix ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company
with i from 1 to 110 ! (yes 110 distinct cities under a wide area
- Each subsidiary can write only under his suffix ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company.
- No one else but the subsidiary_i can write under ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company.
- The main company can write only under ou=main,o=my-company.
So no multi-master.
Each subsidiary and the main company must have a local replicate of
the whole directory: Every ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company plus
ou=main,o=my-company (110 + 1 replicates !).
Each subsidiary ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company has his own database (bdb).
The main company ou=main,o=my-company has also his own databse (bdb)
Every ou=*,o=my-company is a subordinate of o=my-company
I would like to design a correct replication process.
I have a main server (star architecture) that would :
- Pull changes (syncrepl) for ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company from
ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company 's subsidiary_i server with i=1 to
110+1) --> so be a consumer, each subsidiary would be a provider for
- Then each subsidiary_i server would pull changes from the main
server for suffixes ou=subsidiary_j,o=my-company with j <> i and j
from 1 to 111 (other subsidiaries plus main company).
But to do that the main server must be for ou=subsidiary_i,o=my-company first a consumer (get the changes) then a
provider to other subsidiaries.
So the question is :
I don't know if in slapd.conf, under a same database I can put entries for being a supplier and a consumer ?
Main server :
index objectclass,entryCSN,entryUUID eq
# Be a consummer for subsidiary_i
# Be a provider for subsidiary_j and j <> i for j=1 to 111
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
Thanks a lot for anwsers.
with the suffix o=my-company