[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to use JLDAP to search for an entry in OpenLDAP using a binary search filter?
- To: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: How to use JLDAP to search for an entry in OpenLDAP using a binary search filter?
- From: Safdar Kureishy <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:24:37 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=r07K2xSqx3SveOFRob9NECQ+/Xu50gOvQ7tdzjDfdBYstd2Kg7HfF8ZIM0jTROfbRbWcGD4UibF7c/jjGWxj/D2LPQdamB/PTTgjN1s41P626joMvEuLTVXx3LKWmlkPWOh5vidkh6BWyHQbNHCZbEy3cM7EFeUiMYMyFbjB82w=
This is a question about JLDAP and OpenLDAP, specifically about searching
using binary attribute values.
I'm using JLDAP to access OpenLDAP and I need to search for an entry using a
binary identifier. The only posting I could find about this is at this link,
but I wasn't able to understand the response:
I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me.
I have 2 options: (1) store the binary value as a base64 encoded string to
start with, so that I can query it as a string search filter, (2) to store
it in binary form and query it in binary form as well. I'm trying to use
option (2) if possible.
For option 2, I have the binary value to search for as a byte array
(byte). The current JLDAP apis don't seem to have an option to specify a
search filter for a byte value.
To cut the question short, to search for [binaryId = <somebinarydata>], what
would the JLDAPConnection.search() method take as parameters against an
Thanks in advance,